Welcome to our year 5 class page.
Class Teacher - Miss Gifford
LSA - Mrs O'Byrne and Mrs Weston
In year 5 we love to learn in a safe, practical and creative environment.
We have 3 main expectations which we follow to ensure we are working at our most productive:
- Try our best.
- Listen to others.
- Be respectful to those working in our class.
- Reach for the stars - (Science).
- Into Africa - (History).
- A River's Tale - (Geography).
- Our P.E day is Thursday. On that day, the children should come to school dressed in their PE kit.
- Home learning is set on Fridays and due in on Wednesdays, (children should not be bringing any home-learning and should be completing it on both Teams and Active Learn). Children will be given time to discuss the home-learning they have done.
- Spellings should be practise weekly, along-side timetables and reading.
If you would like an appointment to discuss your child, we can arrange a telephone conversation. Unfortunately, because of the current climate, we are are unable to offer face to face meetings either in class or the outdoor areas.
*** Children in year 5 will not be able to walk home alone until the summer term. The following will then be applicable:
If your child has permission to walk home on their own at the end of the school day it is essential that you provide written consent, which should be handed directly to the class teacher. Children without written consent will not be given permission to walk home on their own.
Please follow the year 5/6 spelling list unless your child has been instructed otherwise. :)
I look forward to having a healthy and happy year.
All in Year 5
*** I have made some changes to the home learning which should make things easier :)
All mathematics to be completed on Active Learn. This will be set Monday and checked Friday.
Please follow the spelling 3/4 or 5/6 depending on what your child has been told (if you are not sure please ask). The children will be quizzed every Wednesday.
Lastly, one activity from the 'Autumn Term 1 HL' to be completed each week. This should be submitted through Teams. Please, let me know if you are having any issues and we can work together to support this.
Hope this helps. :D