- Our Learning
- Class pages
- Year 5
- Remote Learning Spring 2021
- Previous Weeks' Remote Learning
- Monday the 22nd of February
Monday the 22nd of February
I hope my email finds you well and that you had a lovely Half Term Break. We hope that the children will enjoy the activities set for the week and we are looking forward to receiving any work they wish to share with us via Teams or class email.
These are the highlights of today’s lessons:
Other Suggested Activities / Links
Note: * = if you have trouble downloading the Sway, please access the Oak/BBC/White Rose lesson while waiting.
In addition to these, please ask your child to practise daily the spellings, timetables and to keep reading the books they like.
Our Gospel Assembly this week has the theme of temptation and choices, click here to share with your family.
Don’t forget that as we are now in LENT we would like you take part in our CAFOD water appeal. Please click here to see more details.
Please remember that we have a selection of Assemblies you might join throughout the week:
- Gospel Assembly - every Monday, on Parents Secure Area (school website);
- Story time - daily - on Parents Secure Area (school website).
As we are carrying on with the offering of small group sessions on Teams for the children, please check the link for this in a separate email sent to you the day before the session. Children can also access the link by clicking on the calendar icon in our General/Post channel on Teams, five minutes before the meeting. They should know by now what group they are in and the day for their feedback meeting on Teams.
Also, this week we celebrate Kindness Week. We will explore activities and resources throughout the daily lessons for the week. Also, I will include in the daily email other suggestions of activities that you might wish to do with your child. Today’s one is called “The Kindness Jar”:
- Start with an empty jar & decorate it however you would like.
- Every time the members of the family witness an act of kindness, they can write it down and place the memory in the jar. Collect memories, observations and unexpected surprises of kindness throughout the week.
- On the last day of Kindness Week, empty the jar and as a family, reflect back on the kindness you experienced, witnessed or perhaps performed yourselves.
I am looking forward to receiving any work children would like to share about this topic.