- Our Learning
- Class pages
- Year 2
- Our Learning
- Spring Term Fire Fire!
- 2021-2022 (Archived) Weekly Learning to be Proud of
- Week 4B 14th March 2022
Week 4B 14th March 2022
This week, in mathematics we have been learning to recognise all coins, know their value, and use them to make amounts. Over the course of the week they have been working hard to learning the following:
- The children can now recognise £5, £10, £20 notes
- make amounts using coins and £10 notes
- write amounts using £.p notation
- order coins 1p – £2 and notes £5 – £20
- add several coins writing totals in £.p notation
- add two amounts of pence, using counting on in 10s and 1s;
- add two amounts of money, beginning to cross into £s
It would always be useful for you to support this at home. The children used their knowledge of their 2,5 and 10 times table this week to help them count the coins.
In English, the children have started to explore stories with repeated patterns. They listened to the story The Dark, Dark Tale. It was a spooky story with a very surprising ending! The children will be using this idea to write their own story with reoccurring literary language next week.
In Science, we have been learning to work scientifically. The children used a range of natural resources to create a birds nest. They made some interesting observations and worked superbly in teams to create wonderful homes for the birds and their eggs.