- Our Learning
- Class pages
- Year 5
- Remote Learning Spring 2021
- Previous Weeks' Remote Learning
- Monday 1st of March
Monday 1st of March
Thank you for all your feedback and for supporting the children to share their home learning via Teams.
We hope that the children will enjoy the activities set for the week and we are looking forward to receiving any work they wish to share with us via Teams or class email.
These are the highlights of today’s lessons:
Other Suggested Activities / Links
Note: * = if you have trouble downloading the Sway, please access the Oak/BBC/White Rose lesson while waiting.
In addition to these, please ask your child to practise daily the spellings, timetables and to keep reading the books they like.
Please remember that we have a selection of Assemblies you might join throughout the week:
- Gospel Assembly - every Monday, on Parents Secure Area (school website);
- Story time - daily - on Parents Secure Area (school website).
This week we are celebrating World Book Day! We have planned lots of fun celebrations throughout the week so keep your eyes peeled for things to join in with! World Book Day itself is on the 4th March and we would love it if you dressed up as your favourite book character (as you usually would) and send a picture via class email.
Today we have a couple of activities launching for the week:
- Great British Book Off too, the tasks can be found here and I know our judges are very excited to see all of your entries! Make sure you get your entries to your teachers by the closing dates!
- We are also running a Masked Reader competition! We have masked some of our staff reading and you have to guess who is who! There will be a new reader each day and all readers will be unmasked on Friday 5th March, so make sure you have a look and see if your guesses were right! You can find this on the school website Our Learning and then Reading
- Finally, we are launching an extreme reading competition- more information about World Book Day and our celebrations can be found here.
- You will also be receiving a £1 Book Token digitally to spend on one of the £1 books from this year- you can have a sneak peek at the books here.
I am looking forward to receiving any work children would like to share about this topic.